13 August, 2013

All you ever wanted to know about me and my work in a 30-minute TV show

Well, perhaps not all you've ever wanted to know, but close.  What surprising things does a doula do at a birth? Doesn't a dad feel left out when a doula is present? How did an English doula and childbirth educator end up in Racine? What happens when someone who attends a natural birth class doesn't have a natural birth? What kind of crazy person shows up for a TV interview with a model pelvis and a grapefruit, anyway?
 
This is the conversation that happens when I sit down for half-an-hour with someone I've just met who's only just learned what a doula is. Thanks to Jessica Tighe for having me on the show. Look out too for my lovely clients Molly Ewing, Stephanie and David Raszkiewicz, making me blush with their fine compliments. My dear colleague Dana Moore of Beautiful Beginnings makes an appearance, and a few other clients and colleagues flash past too.
 
The show aired at 6.30am on a Saturday (27th July, 2013) -- so for you sleepyheads who missed it at the time, now's your chance! Grab a cup of tea, sit back and have all your questions answered!
 
PART 1: Intro
 
 
 
PART 2: What's new about the childbirth classes I'm offering in Racine?
 
 
 
PART 3: Does a doula make a difference?

 
 
PART 4: There's a doula for everyone!

 
I was so blessed to have this opportunity and so thankful to be accompanied to the TV station by such a lovely crew of supporters/fellow guests who "doula-ed" me through what could have been a nerve-wracking experience. With two big beautiful pregnant bellies, a breastfeeding mama, a new papa and a seven-week-old-baby by my side, I had enough oxytocin to get me through anything! (By the way, the seven-week-old doesn't appear on screen, but did you hear her getting her word in? So sweet.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me hear your thoughts.